What is a JTL apprenticeship?
JTL apprenticeships helps those aged 16 and over:-
- become qualified craft people
- gain a qualification that’s recognised around the world
- build knowledge and skills on the job
- earn while they learn.
We work with you and our partner colleges to train skilled workers who bring value to your business – and the building services engineering sector.
It's a four-part programme that gives young people the skills, knowledge and best industry practice. At college, they earn their technical certificate and Functional (Essential) skills. On site, they work towards their NVQ – in a way that will benefit your company.
Apprentices who qualify gain NVQ Level 2 or 3 for PMES, the equivalent of two A-levels. Both the industry and Government will recognise your apprentice as fully qualified in the trade.
Your training officer looks after everything, from liaising with the college, mentoring your apprentice and checking on and assessing their progress.
Apprentices go on to enjoy careers in these trades:
- Heating and ventilating
- Engineering maintenance
Our high-quality, work-based training programmes take up to four years to complete. They are funded by the Government.
Employing an apprentice
- Growing your own workforce can improve how you work, raise your productivity and increase your profits. Employ a JTL apprentice and you’ll get:
- Government funding. We’ll use our funding to pay for all college training.
- skills you need. Our colleges will train your apprentice to work for you.
- flexible people. Your apprentice will be trained to the highest standards. They’ll soon be working to your business practices and procedures.
- our support. Our training officer will help you with every part of the apprenticeship, from training to recruitment.
- an enhanced reputation. Your customers will start to see how well trained your people are.
- a voice in the industry.