Managed by JTL Training and located at Culham Science Centre, the home of the UK’s fusion energy research programme, Oxford Advanced Skills (OAS) is a partnership between the UK Atomic Energy Authority and the Science & Technology Facilities Council.
The OAS training centre enables Oxfordshire businesses to offer young people hi-tech and engineering apprenticeships of the highest quality. It offers unique benefits for employers, apprentices, and the local economy in one of the most thriving areas for science and technology in the UK.
Beneficial for employers
• Guaranteed quality of supervision and training, producing ‘work-ready’ engineers and technicians
• Training in the workplace in a culture of focus, discipline, and commitment
• Employer-led training with opportunities to identify key skills and tailor the programme to future needs
• Options for upskilling existing workforce
Beneficial for apprentices
• Top level qualifications recognised by employers throughout the UK
• Apprenticeships with progression into high-level technical careers
• Training in a purpose-built modern facility on a leading scientific research site
• Experience of learning with like-minded people
• Good transport links for easy access
Beneficial for the local economy
• Building the workforce for a prosperous future, with the advanced engineering skills needed to attract investment in the region
• Giving employers the skills base they need to develop their business
• Encouraging more employers to offer apprenticeships
Oxford Advanced Skills is now open and took its first intake of apprentices in September 2016. Eventually the centre will train 125 young people per year in a purpose-built training facility at Culham.
Find out more by visiting the OAS website and registering for an apprenticeship with JTL.