Employers who hire an apprentice between 1 April and 30 September 2021 can now apply for the £3,000 Government incentive grant, providing they are eligible.
Eligible employers will have to have hired an apprentice with an employment start date between 1 April and 30 September 2021 and have a practical training start date between 1 April 2021 and 30 November 2021.
All applications for the grant must be made before 30 November 2021.
Applications for the grant need to be made via the apprenticeship service, click here to watch a support video on the steps involved in the process. For more information on the Government incentive grant, click here.
Steps employers need to complete before applying for the incentive grant
Before applying for the incentive grant employers need to complete the following six steps:
- Register an account on the apprenticeship service
- If they do not pay the apprenticeship levy, they need to have reserved funds in their apprenticeship service account
- They need to have recruited an apprentice
- They need to have added their apprentice to their apprenticeship service account
- They need to have agreed a start date for the apprenticeship training to begin with their training provider
- They need to have accepted the latest version of the ESFA employer agreement.
You can find more information on costs and funding for apprenticeships on the JTL website, or give us a call on 0800 085 2308 and we will do everything we can to support you through the process. Alternatively you can visit apprenticeships.gov.uk, or watch the ESFA’s how-to support videos.