About the Terms
Access to and use of ‘ jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com’ both within the UK and internationally is provided by the JTL on the following terms:
1. By using jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of jtl.itslearning.com. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to jtl.itslearning.com.
2. JTL may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
3. You agree to use jtl.itslearning.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of jtl.itslearning.com.
Contributions to the JTL website
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) within jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in JTL or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use jtl.itslearning.com or jtltraining.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com content requires the prior written permission of JTL.
5. The names, images and logos identifying JTL or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of JTL and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of JTL or any other third party.
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with JTL you agree to grant to JTL, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for JTL services in any media worldwide (including on the JTL’s site accessed by international users). In certain circumstances JTL may also share your contribution with trusted third parties*.
7. Copyright for your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that JTL can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give JTL permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with JTL.
11. If you do not want to grant JTL the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with jtl.itslearning.com or jtltraining.com.
12. *In the case of news-related material please note that this may be shared with JTL’s overseas partners; these are all reputable foreign news broadcasters who are prohibited from altering the material in any way or providing it to other UK broadcasters or to the print media.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
14. jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to JTL, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, JTL excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. JTL does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by JTL is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of JTL for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
15. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes JTL’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, JTL shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com regardless of the form of action.
16. The content supplied through jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com is provided for guidance purposes only. JTL is not liable for any injury or death resulting from the inappropriate or incorrect application of any knowledge or skills developed through accessing content on either jtl.itslearning.com or jtltraining.com.
17. JTL does not warrant that functions available on jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that jtl.itslearning.com and jtltraining.com or the servers that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
18. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
19. The failure or delay of JTL to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive JTL’s right to enforce that right.
20. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.